Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lesson Plan Redesign - Post 6

I have learned a great deal over the past few months in how to use technology effectively in my classroom. I am especially enjoying the process of redesigning a lesson I already use in my classroom and understanding the importance that the role of technology plays on student learning. I am also learning a lot from having to do an affordance analysis on the assignment, so I can determine if I am using the technology to the best of its ability. Sometimes when I used to plan my lessons, I just picked some type of technology because I knew I needed to have it in my plans, but now I can think about why I picked it and if I used it correctly. I also like the fact that I am going to get to look at other classmates lesson plans and maybe pick up some ideas for next year. I have learned so much from my group members and classmates this semester and I feel we had a good connection and felt comfortable to tell our true thoughts about each others work, because we knew it would help up out in the longrun. I also have enjoyed learning about different resources that I have viewed online that I plan on using in my classroom next year. I had never heard of the Monster Exchange Project and I absolutely loved it! I teach 5th grade and we do the direct assessment of writing. This would be a great way to teach descriptive writing and explaining to the students to show and not tell! I cannot wait to implement this wonderful program in my classroom next year. I think it will be very rewarding for my students and myself to learn how to reach all students at their levels, while keeping them engaged! Lastly, I feel I have grown in my technological abilities and think it will be easier to teach my students since I feel comfortable with the imformation as well. Thanks for all the help and suggestions classmates! It has been a very rewarding and educational experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment